San Juan Bautista is the fifteenth of twenty-one California Missions, established by Father Fermin de Lasuen in 1797. Father Lasuen was the second Presidente of the Missions, following Junipero Serra.
The church has three naves or aisles, and is the only Mission with this feature.
The San Andreas Fault runs along the base of the hill below the cemetery. There are lovely gardens, and bits of the original El Camino Real are still visible in the area.
Alfred Hitchcock filmed Vertigo on the Mission grounds in 1957.
Pingback: La Sala | 2m2t
Pingback: Mission Gallery | 2m2t